Locating Lost Devices with SignilsTM
Locating Lost Devices via My Devices (find a paired device or beacon)
1. In My Devices, click the three dots “…” to the right of the detected device. That action will bring up a menu that will enable you to either Block the device, Locate Lost Device, View Details, or Delete Device. Select Locate Device.
2. On the Search Lost Devices screen, click the blue “Start Scanning” button.
3. Use the Signal Strength indicator (RSSI) to locate your device. SignilsTM will tell you if you’re far away from the device or if you are close to the device. The lower the signal strength in dBm, the closer you are but it will never be zero.
4. Once you’ve found your device, click the arrow (←) next to Search Lost Devices to return to My Devices. You’ll be prompted to tell us if you’ve found the device or not. We use this information in our statistics.
Locating Lost Devices via Found Devices (find someone else’s device)
1. Start by clicking the “+ Add New Devices or Beacon” button in My Devices.
2. Wait for the search for new devices animation to end.
3. After Signils detects all of the devices and stops scanning, click the three dots “…” to the right of the detected device. That action will bring up a menu that will enable you to either Block Device, Locate Lost Device, View Details, or Delete Device. Select Locate Lost Devices.
The process is the same as the process found in My Devices: click “Start scanning”, use the Signal Strength to find the device, click “Stop scanning”, click the arrow, report the device as lost or found, and return to My Devices.
Other Posts, Articles, & Guides
Signils is providing the complete guide to Bluetooth to help you learn more about this commonly used and extremely popular wireless technology. No, this is not your Father's Wi-Fi.